Data Protection Provision
The purpose of this policy is to inform you about the reason for and extent to which your personal data will be processed when you visit our website. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the controller.
This website uses SSL or TLS encryption to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the controller). You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string “https://” and the lock symbol in your browser line.
Name and address of the controller
Controller within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: “GDPR”) is:
SIDELINES – Agentur für Kommunikation GmbH
Löwengasse 27 / Haus G
60385 Frankfurt am Main
Tel: +49 69 380 982 10
- According to the applicable laws, you have various rights regarding your personal data:
– Right to obtain confirmation and access
– Right to request rectification
– Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
– Right to request restriction of processing
– Right to data portability
– Right to object
– Right to withdraw the given consent
If you wish to assert these rights, please send your request by e-mail or by post to the address mentioned above.
2. You also have the right of lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data with us.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
- When using our website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called “server log files”). If you want to visit our website, we collect the following information that is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure the stability, functionality and security of our website:
– our visited website
– used IP address
– date and time of access
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Access status / HTTP status code
– the amount of data transferred in bytes
– Website from which you accessed the site (source/reference)
– used browser
– the operating system used and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
2. The legal basis is our legitimate interest in ensuring a smooth connection setup and a comfortable use of the website as well as in the possibility to evaluate system security and stability and to pursue further administrative purposes in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
3. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way.
- Like many other websites, we also use so-called “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and through which certain information flows to the institution that places the cookie (in this case the institution is us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are intended to make the website more user-friendly and effective and to enable the use of certain functions. When using this common data and information we do not draw any conclusions about the person concerned. This information is just required to deliver the contents of our website correctly. This anonymously collected data and information is therefore evaluated by us statistically and with the aim of increasing data protection and data security in our company to ensure an optimum level of protection for the personal data processed by us. If certain cookies process personal data, processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Transient cookies (see a)
- Persistent cookies (see b)
- Flash cookies (see c)
a. Transient cookies – in particular so-called session cookies – are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These cookies store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to a joint session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
b. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. These cookies remain on your device and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit. You can delete the cookies in your browser settings at any time.
c. The used Flash cookies are registered by your Flash plug-in. HTML5 storage objects are also stored on your device. These objects store the required data independently of your browser and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want Flash cookie to process data, you must install an appropriate add-on, such as “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using the private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and your browser history manually.
Further functions and offers of our website
- In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services which you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you must generally provide further personal data, which we use to perform the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply. In some cases we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
- We may also pass on your personal data to third parties if we cooperate with service providers who offer you promotions, lotteries or similar.
- Furthermore, we inform you in the respective offer about a transfer of your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- If you send us inquiries via email, we will store your information for the purpose of processing the inquiry and for the purposes of any subsequent questions. This requires you to provide your name and an email address. Providing a telephone number and other data is voluntary and makes it easier for us to contact you and to address you personally. These data will be stored and used only for the purpose of answering your inquiry and/or to make contact with you and for the associated technical administration.
The legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interest in responding to your inquiry pursuant to Article 6 (1) letter f GDPR.
- On our website, we offer the opportunity to participate in our Bundesliga Tipp-Spiel game free of charge.
- In order for you to be able to participate in Tipp-Spiel, we require you to provide an email address and also a password (chosen by you) so that your tips can be recorded, stored, and assigned to you. After you have input these data we will check the email address you have provided to verify that you are indeed the owner of the email address. This is done using the “double-opt-in” method. This means that following your registration, we will send you an email to the email address you have provided in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to participate in our Tipp-Spiel game. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. We will also store the respective IP addresses used by you and the times of your registration and your confirmation.
- Processing of these data is necessary for contract fulfillment; the legal basis for this is Article 6 (1) sentence 1, letter b GDPR.
- You can delete your profile for Tipp-Spiel at any time by terminating your membership. You can do this by selecting the menu option “Profile”. Your data will be permanently deleted two weeks after your membership ends.
- Tipp-Spiel is processed by the company Kicktipp GmbH, Königstraße 9, 40212 Düsseldorf. Your email address and the other data you provide (especially your tips or messages sent to other participants) will be transmitted to KickTipp and processed by it on our behalf to execute the game. You can view KickTipp’s data privacy statement and other information on data protection at KickTipp via the following link: https://www.kicktipp.de/info/ueberuns/datenschutz/
Use of script libraries (Google Webfonts)
- To display our content correctly and in a graphically appealing manner in all browsers, we use script libraries and font libraries of Google Webfonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts/) on this website. Google Webfonts are transferred to your browser’s cache to avoid multiple uploads. If the browser does not support Google Webfonts or prohibits access, content is displayed in a standard font. The legal basis for the use of Google Webfonts is our legitimate interest in the correct graphical display of our website pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 letter f GDPR.
- Calling up script libraries or font libraries automatically establishes a connection to the library operator. It is theoretically possible that operators of corresponding libraries will collect data (although it is currently unclear as to whether they do this, and for what purposes).
The data privacy guideline of the Google library operator is available at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043 USA (“Google”)). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files stored on your computer that enable your use of the website to be analyzed. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 letter f GDPR.
- However, because we have activated IP anonymization on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand within member states of the European Union or in other contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional circumstances will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information on our behalf to analyze your use of the website to compile reports on website activities and ito provide us with additional services associated with use of the website and the Internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other data held by Google.
Use of Google DoubleClick
The legal basis for the use of your data is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 letter f GDPR.
- Additional information on DoubleClick by Google is available at https://www.google.de/doubleclick and http://support.google.com/adsense/answer/2839090, and general data privacy at Google is available at https://www.google. de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google headquartered in the USA is certified for the US-European data privacy agreement “Privacy Shield” which guarantees compliance with the level of data protection applicable in the EU, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Objection and withdrawal against the processing of your data
- If you have consented to the processing of your data, it is possible at any time to withdraw this processing for the future. As a result, your data will no longer be processed for the agreed purpose.
- If your data are processed on basis of a weighing of interests in accordance with the legal basis Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. e or f GDPR, you can object to this if you have special reasons against processing the data.
- You also have the possibility to object to the processing of your data for the purpose of direct marketing. Thus, your data will no longer be processed for the purpose of direct advertising.